First Aid kit

  • Trey Capnerhurst
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2002
      Oh, and I forgot a couple.

      Clove oil for tooth pain, until one can get to a dentist, of course.

      Peppermint oil for stomach troubles.

      Room temp. Acidopholis for bacteria problems.  Indepensible at out of the way campsites.  If taken wthin a few hours of consuming contamiated food, for example, it prevents food poisoning.

      I'm sure I'll remember more as the day goes on.

      I do have most of these in my home at all times, and alot of them at outdoor events.  But I am as yet too lazy to make a medical bag.

      Treasach

      Tea tree oil.  Though not period anywhere but Australia, absolutely vital for all sorts of conditions.

      Hydrogen peroxide.  Same thing.

      Borax.  Period, and disinfects as well as chlorine.

      White willow, though I despise medicating pain symptoms overmuch.

      White Oak bark, for over exertion of the muscles.  Taken internally, it reduces in the acid buildup in the tissues.  Ache is gone in about 30 min.  My best friend after kung fu class.

      Niacin, for the Niacin flush to stop Migraines before they get going.  Use wisely, natch.

      Comfrey, for bruises, rashes, and other skin conditions.

      Oil, like grapeseed, to apply on chapped areas.

      I use a combination of lavender, chamomile, wheat germ, Vit. E, and grapeseed oil for cases of even severe sunburn.  Leaves no trace of scarring.  Also works for other kinds of scarring, including other burns, stretch marks, terribly chapped areas, crow's feet and darkness under the eyes.

      Treasach

      ----- Don't know what else I'm missing!  Any suggestions?

      I will be bringing the kit for those at Landsknecht to see!  I'm in the
      process of woodburning designs on the surface.

      -Caro