Herb Swap

  • Corwyn and Carowyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4 11:22 AM
      Greetings to the list!

      Apparently I was instigating again this weekend - I can't help it, it
      just happens! Anyway, I was talking to this lovely bead merchant (great
      beads!) who has quite a few extra herbs. Five kinds of lavender, and
      lots of other stuff I can't remember-all. So, we're doing an impromptu
      herb swap! Bring what you have to the Landsknecht event in two weeks,
      and we'll exchange herby bits!

      Also, I was asked by a few people to do a beginner's drop spinning
      "class". I'm not on the schedule, but a bunch of us will find a central
      place to sit and just begin to do A&S things. I'll bring the "make your
      own drop spindle" kit, and some wool (there will also be some for sale if
      Ursula comes!), and we'll have a spinning and whatever else A&S session!
      Please come! I'm also bringing my glass bead kit, and some other fun
      stuff!

      The Agitator will be quite busy in the kitchen, so I'm kinda taking over
      without asking (sorry, all, not meaning to be a pain), but we can also
      make sure you *meet* the Agitator! ;-) Even if you just come for the
      day, please come and join us! We'll have a blast!

      -Caro, Instigator #2

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4 11:36 AM
        > The Agitator will be quite busy in the kitchen, so I'm kinda taking over
        > without asking (sorry, all, not meaning to be a pain), but we can also
        > make sure you *meet* the Agitator! ;-) Even if you just come for the
        > day, please come and join us! We'll have a blast!

        Whaddya mean, without asking? I distinctly remember asking Instigator #2
        to coordinate the Herb Guild Sekanjabin and Mustard tasting (must make
        more mustard!) at that event. So, the herb swap gets added to that.
        -- Jadwiga

        "I've been out for a while, but I'll be back in a bit...
        I am just walking through the smoke, finding out if this is it."
      • Corwyn and Carowyn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4 12:36 PM
          'Ello!

          >Whaddya mean, without asking?

          (giggle) I mean, "without asking to put this into the already-planned
          events, especially only two weeks before the event, and now I have to go
          and dig a whole bunch of plants out of the garden and add them to my
          humongo pile of stuff to bring!"

          >I distinctly remember asking Instigator #2
          >to coordinate the Herb Guild Sekanjabin and Mustard tasting (must make
          >more mustard!) at that event.

          Yep! Only, please, more mustard, less mustard brick? (Ask the Agitator
          about her brick o' mustard. Great taste, even better mortar! ;-) (Kill
          me later!)

          >So, the herb swap gets added to that.

          I can live with that!

          -Caro

        • SilverLoon2001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5 4:47 AM
            I think the growing list of activities for Landsknecht is wonderful! I will
            try for some herb divisions, and will definitely bring a spindle or two.
            Plus an extra mortar/pestle for mustard. Plus samples of mint cordial (my
            garden's own peppermint). Plus... and the list goes on.

            BTW, the garden seem to be doing quite well. At least parts of it. Lemon
            balm is better than 2' across, the bronze fennel is 5' tall, and the catmint
            is spreading like wildfire. The sages in containers are decidedly more happy
            than the ones in the ground. Still not consistently hot enough to satisfy
            basils; chamomile is creeping along, as is dill. Chives have bloomed, and
            some of the thymes are blooming now. Calendula and cilantro have sprouted.
            Mints are feeling their way around -- seeing how far I will let them go.
            But, rosemary and lavender are not doing well (need to move them to a drier,
            sandier location). Other than those two, it actually looks like all this is
            planned! So, how does YOUR garden grow?

            Gennevote/Linda
            Shire of Caer Adamant
          • Theresa Brooks
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5 5:03 AM
              We moved into a new house with NO established garden at all. I am having to FIND the yard from years of abuse first.
              I managed to get in the basics this year. Chamomile and Lavender.I put in blueberry and raspberry. The 6 grape vines are also doing well (especially with how I had to cut them back from over growth)  I unfortunately have to take a season from herb gardening. I have no clue what is planted where on this land until it shows up :)
              I managed to find space for veggies :)
              I am going to have more zuc's and cuc's then a body has use for :)

              Isabella

            • newbrg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6 7:51 PM
                SilverLoon2001@... writes:

                > So, how does YOUR garden grow?

                Well, probably because of the mild winter we had, I didn't lose ANYTHING this
                year, not even the rosemary! Right there, that's a celebration. A couple of
                things (winter savory, sweet cicely) look healthier than they ever have, in
                fact.

                Lavender, southernwood, mugwort, tansy, rue, mint, weet woodruff, hyssop,
                bergamot, all doing well. So, unfortunately, are the ground elder, garlic
                mustard, and poison ivy.

                So I added sage and basil, and am going to concentrate on weeding, keeping
                the lemon balm within bounds, and figuring out what to do with all this
                hyssop ...

                Johanna