Wishing to Learn more about the SCA Herbalist Group

  • Cpgdesign@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 5:01 AM
      Having recently just subscribed to the SCA Herbalist group, I am seeking to gather more information on its activities, teaching, membership and general ethos.

      I am currently involved in an East European company that has regenerated a Czech republic village economy by establishing herbal cultivation fields, production facilities, local social employment and a full Medieval visitor centre.

      We also have reconstructed the school, campsite, pub, railway station and village structure to support the continuing ethical project.

      We pride ourselves in tradition, Medieval and country skills coupled with local crafts and labour to produce a local economy.

      The visitor centre is open to all, with battle re-enactments, bakery, stone mason, candle makers and a feasting hall.

      We seek to talk to like minded individuals that are interesting in our concept and ethic, with the ultimate aims of cross education, teaching and Medieval activities at the centre.

      Please feel free to contact me should you be able to furnish me with further details as to how any of the SCA Herbalist members could become involved in our activities.

      Please visit our website at www.botanicus.cz to find out more about us.

      Jon Francis.
    • Jennifer Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 7:45 AM
        I'm not sure how many of the SCA-Herbalist members are located in
        Europe... your website looks very intriguing, though.
        I've done a little research on medieval use of herbs in Central/Eastern
        Europe
        http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/easterneuropeherbs.html
        but it's all from the available English-language sources.
        -- Jadwiga

        Cpgdesign@... wrote:

        > Having recently just subscribed to the SCA Herbalist group, I am
        > seeking to gather more information on its activities, teaching,
        > membership and general ethos.
        >
        > I am currently involved in an East European company that has
        > regenerated a Czech republic village economy by establishing herbal
        > cultivation fields, production facilities, local social employment and
        > a full Medieval visitor centre.
        >
        > We also have reconstructed the school, campsite, pub, railway station
        > and village structure to support the continuing ethical project.
        >
        > We pride ourselves in tradition, Medieval and country skills coupled
        > with local crafts and labour to produce a local economy.
        >
        > The visitor centre is open to all, with battle re-enactments, bakery,
        > stone mason, candle makers and a feasting hall.
        >
        > We seek to talk to like minded individuals that are interesting in our
        > concept and ethic, with the ultimate aims of cross education, teaching
        > and Medieval activities at the centre.
        >
        > Please feel free to contact me should you be able to furnish me with
        > further details as to how any of the SCA Herbalist members could
        > become involved in our activities.
        >
        > Please visit our website at www.botanicus.cz to find out more about
        > us.
        >
        > Jon Francis.
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > SCA-Herbalist disclaimer: This list is primarily for discussion of
        > medieval
        > and renaissance herbalism and herbalism in the SCA. Please verify any
        > health
        > information in other sources and/or with a qualified health
        > professional.

        > [Email to SCA-Herbalist-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

        / Jennifer Heise, Helpdesk/Librarian, Lehigh Univ. Information
        Resources
        \ \ Fairchild-Martindale Library, 8A Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015
        / Phone (610) 758-3072 Email: jahb@...

        "Comment is free, but facts are on expenses." -- Tom Stoppard