za'atar herb query

  • K Francis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2001
      Greetings,

      The za'atar I am looking for is not the sumac blend of the same name (so very confusing).  I was warned to avoid getting the blend when what I want is the herb itself.  I have found some possible seed/plant sources, but interestingly enough, I have been getting various stories on the actual plant itself.  Thyme, mint, oregano, well, who knows,  I am gonna get some and try it myself.

      Thanks all,

      Kay