What kind of classes would you like to take?

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2001

    • Mtnblsm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2001
        Greetings,

        Being fairly new to the list I have a question. Would these classes be
        online? Also I am getting a green house and would like to know from the group
        what plants would be good ones to start out with. I do hope to make this pay
        off in the future. The dream of working from home and being able to grow tons
        of stuff all year long.

        Peace and Beauty to all
      • Corwyn and Carowyn
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
          Again, my two pence - your mileage may vary.

          I'd like to take a soap class, since my skills in that area are
          hodgepodge at best. I'd also like to take a few classes on the science
          of alchemy, and get a good grasp on what an apothecary did in period ( I
          know what *I* think they did, but that doesn't help from a medieval point
          of view!) My husband is doing some research into alchemy right now, but
          that class won't be ready for another year or two!

          I also need a good grounding in the theory of the humors, and I'd like to
          instigate someone into teaching a class about the "wholeness theory" that
          most medieval people seemed to have (I'm too tired to explain what I mean
          right now - ask me when the in-laws have gone, okay?).

          A Huswife class wouldn't be bad, either! Especially contrasted with a
          Castellan / Lady of the House class! (Everything that each person would
          know if you were living there sort of class. Sounds like fun!)

          At some point, Jadwiga, I have to take your classes again - I missed the
          garden class, which disgruntled me, and that class where everyone but me
          got to play with your scented oils...sigh. (I was the closest person to
          deal with two crises, and was severely dehydrated at the time - it was
          just a bad luck thing, but I missed out, waaah!)

          You know, you could probably apply to get some real ambergris, since
          you're doing proper research!

          -Caro the babbling

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • theresa brooks
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
            Greetings,
            Should you be attending crown tourney for the East on November 3 in Ansonia
            CT, I have lined up someone to talk about Alchemy. Fortunatly for me, the
            head of my household reciently took on an alchemist :)

            Jadwiga has been kind enough to offer a wide selection of classes for the
            event. I believe she and I simply have to get together and finalize ?

            Should anyone else wish to offer a class or have a specific request please
            do not hessitate to speak with me.

            Off list I may be reached at
            tbrooks100@...

            Isabella d'Allaines-sur-Comte

          • newbrg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
              This is something that I need to know about, too. I started keeping a file of bits I found, but so far don't have enough / don't have the time to make a coherent whole of them. A class would be wonderful!

              Johanna