Mailing list for EK herbalists

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2001
      Ok, the East Kingdom Web Minister has an additional list set up for East
      Kingdom Herbalists. The question is: would the EK herbalists &
      apothecaries like to be automagically subscribed over from here, or would
      you like me to post the subscription information and have you do it
      yourselves, or would you like to contact me and have me make up a list to
      be automagically subscribed and let other people sign up?

    • Lori/ Eriana
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2001
        What would be easiest? Without knowing the answer to that, I would prefer to
        have everyone automagically transcribed and then new members would sign up
        on their own. My other question is though, are we creating a separate email
        list now for those just in the EK and if we are, what about those from other
        kingdoms on this list? Is this list still going to stay?

        I may just be confused because I'm trying to do twenty million things at the
        same time...if so, i apologize.

        Eireannach

        Psychiatrists say that one in 4 people are mentally ill.
        Check 3 friends, if they're O.K., you're it.

        "Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional."

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
          RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Mailing list for EK herbalists

          Automagically, of course. But is there enough  traffic on this list to justify splitting it ?

          Seamus M'Cleriec
          rta Mark Zawadzki

           --
          Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise        jenne@...

          FREE COLLEGE MONEY
          CLICK HERE to search
          600,000 scholarships!
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/PJ_qlB/TM

        • Jenne Heise
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
            > Automagically, of course. But is there enough traffic on this list to
            > justify splitting it ?

            I've been concerned for a while about the fact that we (EKHAG) are sending
            out local-kingdom specific info and discussions on this list, simply
            because it seems impolite: I mean, how interested are people from Lochac
            going to be in our ranking level discussions? (I also have major issues
            with the yahoogroups software but that's another story)
            The East Kingdom group sort of jumped on and, well, took over the list for
            our local purposes! It seemed polite to set up a separate list. What do
            other people think?

          • Corwyn and Carowyn
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
              Automagically - it's easier all round.
              -Caro's two pence

              >Ok, the East Kingdom Web Minister has an additional list set up for
              >East
              >Kingdom Herbalists. The question is: would the EK herbalists &
              >apothecaries like to be automagically subscribed over from here, or
              >would
              >you like me to post the subscription information and have you do it
              >yourselves, or would you like to contact me and have me make up a list
              >to be automagically subscribed and let other people sign up?

              GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
            • newbrg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
                This was my understanding -- including the part about yahoogroups! I figured I'd stay on both, route the "general herbalism" stuff to sca-herbalist and the ekhag-specific stuff to the new list. (Oh, yeah -- mark me down as an automagic vote.)

                Johanna