Introduction

  • Nora Siri Bock
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2000
      Hello the list!

      Please excuse my lamentable silence these past few weeks. I was in the
      process of moving my digs, and hadn't the time to participate.

      My SCAdian name is Siri bint Saadia, mka Nora Siri Bock. I reside in Whyt
      Whey, East Kingdom and am new to SCA.

      I soap. <G> Which means I make various kinds of soap: cooked, cold process,
      and melt & pour. In learning my craft, I started learning about essential
      oils, methods of distillation, etc.

      Living on the 11th floor of a Manhattan building, I haven't a garden <envious
      look at those who do>, but I've been a "gardener-manque'" for most of my life,
      making due with windowsills and fire escapes. My knowledge is small, but I'm
      hoping to find those of similar interests here.

      It's a pleasure to be amongst such knowledgeable and generous company.

      Nora
      Siri bint Saadia

    • Carla Jo Weaver
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2000
        Greetings from your herbbie friend in Trimaris!!

        I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name is Brighid D'arcy of
        Glenn Meara. I am a Celtic medicine woman for my household. I have grown
        herbs since I was very young when I live in the MidRealm. I now live in
        Trimaris and am lonely for gardening company. I have been listening to your
        list for a while now and I believe I will begin participating. I would also
        like to know if anyone else on the list is from Trimaris. I am trying to
        get a Herb Guild started and am looking for others from my area who would
        be interested.

        Brighid D'arcy
      • hennadancerdotcom
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
          Hello all,
          I met a lady at her Laurel vigil a month or so ago and she said I
          should join this list. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name, but
          if she's here, Hi!
          My main area of study is henna. I've been doing henna since 1991 just
          on myself at events, and in a couple years, it took over my mundane
          life, too :) I'm interested in anything having to do with henna or
          related subjects, such as hair dyeing, tribal medicine, and other body
          arts. I hope to find out lots more here!
          Thanks,
          Ghazalah al-Badriyyah
        • zajaczkowa
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005
            --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "hennadancerdotcom"
            <hennadancer@c...> wrote:

            > Hello all,
            > I met a lady at her Laurel vigil a month or so ago and she said I
            > should join this list. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name, but
            > if she's here, Hi!
            > My main area of study is henna. I've been doing henna since 1991 just
            > on myself at events, and in a couple years, it took over my mundane
            > life, too :) I'm interested in anything having to do with henna or
            > related subjects, such as hair dyeing, tribal medicine, and other body
            > arts. I hope to find out lots more here!
            > Thanks,
            > Ghazalah al-Badriyyah

            Hi! that would be me (Jadwiga) that you talked to.
            I noticed that you had done a lot of work in terms of researching
            historical henna, and hoped you would share it with us-- I know you
            have a book on it for sale.

            - Jadwiga
          • Aricia/Krys
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005

              I know anything I can get my hands on regarding Islamic Herbal Medicine, etc. I would love to read/have.

              Any references you can suggest.

              Aricia Jehane

              PS:  Welcome to the group!

            • kingstaste@mindspring.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005
                Have you met Rev. Bunny? She did a beautiful mahendi job on me at Pennsic,
                and she told me about her research (I believe for either a Master's or PhD)
                on the subject. I don't have any more contact info for her handy, but she'd
                be a great resource for you -
                Christianna

                Message 7 of 8 , May 10, 2005
                  Her name is Catherine Cartwright-Jones and her webpage is
                  http://www.mehandi.com/
                  She is an amazing resource for henna information - check her out.

                  Gillian

                • Catherine
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 13, 2010
                    Hello all,
                    I am new to the SCA, but not new to herbalism, so when I was looking through the SCA groups on Yahoo! and saw this....my heart started racing. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and learning about, discussing, etc. the historical aspects of Herbs.
                    Catherine