Herbalist Guild charter

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 12:55 PM
      Found a copy of the charter wording. It is now up on the guild's current homepage (we
      will be moving to the EK server as soon as we all get our heads together I hope). Here
      is what my records say:

      East Kingdom Herbalists' and Apothecaries' Guild, Charter

      Be it proclaimed throughout the Kingdom of the East that We, Andreas and Isabella, King
      and Queen of the East, hereby grant unto the Herbalists and Apothecaries' Guild of The
      East Kingdom a Charter. It shall be the duty of this Guild to serve the East Kingdom as
      an open forum for the exchange of information on the Herbal Arts and lore of the current
      and then Middle Ages. It is Our pleasure that membership in this guild be open to any of
      Our subjects who express interest in the Herbal Arts.

      It is Our wish that The Herbal and Apothecaries' Guild shall serve the Kingdom as a
      resource in all matters appropriate to this Art and Science of Herbalism. Therefore We
      charge the members of this Guild with the responsibility of sharing their knowledge and
      skills with all of Our subjects who may wish to approach them for the purpose of
      instruction or information, whether it take the form of classes, mentoring, or other
      arenas yet unexplored.

      We direct the Guild to institute a voluntary system of certification and ranking on the
      basis of knowledge and expertise, assigning ranking levels through a system of panelling
      by the Masters of the Guild. It is further Our wish that the Guild shall annually present
      to the Rulers, as a fee, goods of the Guild's manufacture.

      The public face of the Guild shall be represented by an Agitator, whose qualifications
      shall be decided upon by the members of the Guild. Through the person of the Agitator,
      the Guild is directed to foster the goals herein outlined, making themselves available
      for the education and enlightenment of any who so desire.

      -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka
      Jennifer Heise jenne@... disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks
      for me. "It's no use trying to be clever-- we are all clever here; just try to be kind --
      a little kind." F.J. Foakes-Jackson