8694Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: strewing herbs?

  • Dianna
    Sep 4, 2013
      Cedar oils shouldn't be used by people who have pets. It can kill cats and many dogs have allergic skin reactions to it.
      Avacyn
      I have to agree with the others who recommend that you avail yourself of modern flea-killing methods, especially since you are so allergic. Once the emergency is over, you can implement historic methods to ward them off, including strewing herbs. I have found cedar shavings (sold in pet/feed stores) to be effective at repelling fleas, and it smells good. There are also solutions you can make of essential oils to spray on carpet and bedding.

      Best of luck and health to you!
      Ceara

      "People with strong intrinsic values must cease to be embarrassed by them. We should argue for the policies we want not on the grounds of expediency but on the grounds that they are empathetic and kind; and against others on the grounds that they are selfish and cruel. In asserting our values we become the change we want to see."
      George Monbiot, "The Values of Everything"

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic