8660Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Homemade Vinegar Question

  • Heather Lambert
    Jun 22, 2013
      Should I take out some of my apple scraps, and add some store bought apple cider vinegar then? That sounds like the best solution to me.

      ~K

      On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Kirk Spencer <kspencer30720@...> wrote:

      Pardon, but I admit to confusion.

      You see, I've never made vinegar from apple scraps. I've made apple (hard) cider, then let the acetobacter (mother) develop to convert the alcohol to acetic acid. That said it does sound like it's a mother which is struggling. If it is, you feed it with alcohol; in this case more apple cider.

      Kirklin

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic