8591RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Introduction to Herbalism

  • Maria-Magdalene Noah
    Apr 23, 2013
      Hear! HEar!  I'd like this information, too, and have no idea where to look!  I collect HerbalGram, The Herb Quarterly, and one other I don't recall the name of, but have NO IDEA how to put the info to use!

      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      From: chimericalgirl@...
      Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 19:56:09 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] Introduction to Herbalism

      Hello, I'm new to the SCA and I couldn't believe it when I found this group! I've always wanted to study herbal remedies!
      I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good book to start with? Ideally I would like to know different herbs and flowers and how to use them for a variety of problems and how to make my own remedies. Also is there something to explain the difference between a "tincture" and "decoction" and everything else?
      I would really appreciate any articles/books/blogs on this subject.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic