8571Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: drying my basil leaves?

  • Kirk Spencer
    Mar 11, 2013
      A limited alternative to drying is to make an herbal oil or vinegar. Another alternative is to freeze the leaves. If you do this, my personal preference is to put a teaspoon of leaves in each slot of an ice cube tray and fill those trays with water. This helps reduce the effects of 'freezer burn' on the leaves. Final alternative, also freezing, is to purchase some dry ice and use that to freeze the leaves. If you're going that way there are more instructions to include safety issues, but the leaves I've done it to have held strength longer than drying.

      Kirklin

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic