8545Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Classes at Gulf Wars

  • Marta McCarthy
    Nov 15, 2012
      I would like to do a class on herbariums.  That is my current project.  Just a two hour max class on how to, a little history.  I  will bring supplies for everyone to start a sample one.  No fee.  I will send you a list of class set up/write up.  No age limit, lots of fun for little ones too, but may want to come with adult just to keep a little order.  Probably ages 8 and up?   No particular teaching time.  I have the shop and will have my daughter with me who can watch it, so you can plug me in anywhere.    Would need as many tables as there are students.  materials a little space consuming (newspaper, cardboard, plants)  I can have a version for the kids and a version for the adults.  The kids can do a flower press, and the adults would have the plants with more descriptions.  Maybe no more than 20 with extra table space.  Might be better earlier in the week so the flowers don't wilt too much on me.
      Marta McCarthy

      On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Joyce Zeiler <joycehzeiler@...> wrote:

      Gulf Wars.  It's not that far away!

      I am looking for that herbally artisan to teach classes at the Herbal and Botanical Tent this year.  This is the tent's seventh year, and I have had exceptional teachers share their knowledge with us in the past and expect this year to be no different. If you are interested in teaching, again this year, or for the first time, please let me know.  I will need to try to have everything scheduled by the first of January, to make sure classes make it in the AR Booklet.

      Not herbal, but know someone who is?  Please have them contact me!  I am looking forward to a full schedule again this year!

      Herbally Yours,

      Morin inghen Ruaric
      Herbal and Botanical Tent Coordinator
      Gulf  Wars XXII