8443Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Teaching herbal class

  • Joyce Zeiler
    Apr 25, 2012
      I use triple distilled vodka in my tinctures.  My class age is over 18.  What are the laws in your state?
      Even though the class is not "drinking" the alcohol, I just think more mature class members are more responsible (not always, but most of the time).

      Morin
      On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Marta McCarthy <misigilli@...> wrote:

      Greetings!

      I am getting ready to teach a herbal class on the making of salves, balms and tinctures.  This will be a hands on class and will involve using vodka for the tinctures.  Has anyone taught such a class before and have they required that all their participants be over 21 due to the vodka use, or have they excluded the underage group and had them use vinegar or glycerin instead?  How about the general herb use?  Are students required to be at least 18?

      I want to make sure I stay within the legal mundane and SCA requirements.  The herbs I will be using are comfrey and calendula for salves, chamomile, plantain and calendula for balm, and echinacea for the tincture.

      In Service,
      Isabella

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic