8335Re: [SCA-Herbalist] First Aid Kit?

  • Tamie
    Aug 22, 2011
      Patchouli smells like mold to me. And mold is one of my strongest triggers for asthma and migraines. I either get a sinus based migraine headache or start wheezing depending on the type of mold and how I've "ingested" it. The only thing stronger than my mold reaction is my reaction to synthetic scents. I don't have the energy to make everything from scratch, but am pleased that there are finally various hypo-allergenic cleaners  on the market. I do make oils for cooking, massage, and bruise treatment though using the scents I mentioned earlier.
      Tama

      On 8/21/2011 12:59 PM, Aly/Cemper wrote:   Query: I had someone give me a lecture about wearing Patchouli and stated that Patchouli was Sandlewood were the same plant and both "incite asthma." Is this true? Re: the asthma. I know that Patchouli is related to mint but is and that certain smells do cause an asthmatic reaction but I could not find if they were of the same family, genus or order?
    • Show all 62 messages in this topic