    To: sca-herbalist@yahoogroups.com
    From: original_xman@...
    Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:17:45 -0500
    Subject: RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: First Aid Kit?

    Happen to have the anti-bruise recipe handy? Mom bruises a lot with her prednisone skin.
    Jack

    To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
    From: danadkr@...
    Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:37:14 -0700

    Yarrow also brings down a fever. I used to make a mix of hops, catnip, white willow bark, and valerian for post fighting aches and pains.  It knocks you out and relaxes muscles.  It takes a fighter, I guess, to come up with atomic tea!

    For bruises, I used to pack comfrey leaves in salt and some kind of fat, like butter or lard, and use it as a poultice.  Rubbing it in breaks up the bruise.  There are some great bruise juices recipes, but I don't have one.

    I always kept mint (various) and comfrey on hand for stomach and stress.

    More anon,
    Sir Maythen