      From: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mindslashed
      Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:36 PM
      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Herbalist] catnip/catmint

      I'll be honest that I don't know about period uses for catnip; but modernly catnip is used as a gentle pain reliever, relaxer, and is good for calming nerves.
      Its gentle enough to give to children, and one of the ingredients in my own personal anti-migrate tea blend.
      I suggest taking it with lemon balm and or chamomile as a soothing relaxer tea.
      Mix it with peppermint to calm an upset stomach.
      And combine it with stronger pain relievers like skullcap or arnica for long term issues, add ginger to that mix if there is chronic inflammation.
      It's also good for aromatherapy for relaxation, a hot catnip and chamomile bath is the best thing after a hard day!

      -Kuromori Fumiyo
       Shire of Dragon's Mist, Antir. Master Herbalist