7715RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Ghee

  • jack hollandbeck
    Nov 13, 2009
      mom just used it for cooking. I did use to get warm olive oil in my ears for an ear ache, though.

      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      From: a1979carr@...
      Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 18:30:25 -0800
      Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Ghee

      I believe the original question was about recipes using ghee for ointments, not food.  So far no one has addressed that particular question, and I know I for one am interested in the response.  I have seen modern Ayuverdic manuals calling for the use of ghee mixed with sesame oil as a daily moisturizer/tonic.  The manuals specifically call for the concoction to be used on the soles of the feet every night before bed, in theory to help draw out the toxins in the body and help restore a sense of equilibrium.  Has anyone seen any period recipes in Arabic or Hindu texts calling for the use of ghee in such a fashion?

      Aldyth the Gentle