      From: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Jo Anne Fatherly
      Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 22:51
      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Earliest German herbals?

      I don't remember ever seeing a response to this. The only place I've seen
      any amount of information was in Anna Pavord's book, "The Naming of Names."
      The book is about the history of plant nomenclature, and more interesting
      than you might think. But she spends a fair amount of time on the German

      At 06:59 PM 1/11/2009, you wrote:
      >Dear folks,
      >I have a question for the research-inclined. I'm looking for the
      >earliest possible surviving written herbals in Germany ... sort of the
      >German equivalent of the Anglo-Saxon herbals. Does anyone know what
      >those would have been, and if it is possible to get translations of
      >them? I fear that books on the subject would only be in German, but at
      >worst such things are translatable.
      >Thank you,
      >-Raven K
      >SCA-Herbalist disclaimer: This list is primarily for discussion of
      >medieval and renaissance herbalism and herbalism in the SCA. Please
      >verify any health information in other sources and/or with a qualified
      health professional.
      >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.MedievalMart.com/
      ><mailto:SCA-Herbalist-unsubscribe%40egroups.com> to leave this
      >list]Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic