7010dyestuffs

  • Lauren Grover
    May 1, 2008
      I have a couple questions for someone who works with natural dyes.
      I have some indigo for dyeing hair. It's green, but I see that most
      indigo for cloth dyeing is blue from having been through a fermentation
      process. Can I use my hair indigo for cotton without further processing?
      Also, I have some madder powder that I bought a couple years ago. It
      has been stored in a sealed heavy plastic bag in a cool place out of the
      light. Does it go bad or lose potency, and if so, how do I tell?
      Can someone recommend a good how-to site for a beginning dyer?
      Thanks!
      Ghazalah
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic