      From: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brett Chandler-Finch
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:15 AM
      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] mouse ear vs dandelion

      I am working on a formula for an A&S competition. It is a formula from
      Hildegard's Physica.

      One of the ingredients is mouse ear (Hieracium pilosella) It is
      not native to this area. I can purchase seeds to grow it, but I
      have never used it before. I am considering switching it for
      dandelion (Taraxacum officinale (WEBER)) which is similar in
      properties.

      Since this is a period formula, should I do this or grow the mouse
      ear. I have considered simply making a batch with the original herbs,
      and a batch with my substitions.

      Goldweard

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic