      From: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brett Chandler-Finch
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:15
      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] mouse ear vs dandelion

      I am working on a formula for an A&S competition. It is a formula from
      Hildegard's Physica.

      One of the ingredients is mouse ear (Hieracium pilosella) It is not
      native to this area. I can purchase seeds to grow it, but I have never
      used it before. I am considering switching it for dandelion (Taraxacum
      officinale (WEBER)) which is similar in properties.

      Since this is a period formula, should I do this or grow the mouse ear.
      I have considered simply making a batch with the original herbs, and a
      batch with my substitions.

      Goldweard
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic