6487Re: [SCA-Herbalist] sachets

  • Carowyn Silveroak
    Oct 1, 2007
      Greetings,

      I also agree with the "exact precise" method of sachet-making (rolls
      eyes)....

      I toss a base - oatmeal, flax seed, rice (bath sachets for the first, hot
      packs for the second and third) into a plastic bag.

      For the herbs I add, I'm into getting a balance of scents......so I'll
      toss in equal amounts of the rosemary and lavender, but only about a
      quarter as much of the sage, since it can overpower. But that's just me.
      Try some batches, and see what smells good to you.

      Then, shake shake SHAKE shake shake.....oh yeah, close the bag first.....

      Divvy up into pouches, distribute with abandon!

      -Carowyn

      > > "herbal" (lavender, rosemary, sage, etc.), and
      > >let the giftees pick????
      >

      > The herbal one sounds lovely.
      >
      > Anyone have a basic recipe, or proportions?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic