6482Re: [SCA-Herbalist] sachets

  • Lori Hannis
    Oct 1, 2007
      I belong to the highly  technical type of herbalist people

      it's complicated...work with me *lol*

      2 parts oats
      1 part wheat germ
      1 part powdered milk
      1 part of each herb you wish to ad( One lav..one rosemary..one..etc)

      put in big plastic bag

      shake shake shake

      shake shake shake

      measure out into sachets..

      that's how i've alway's done it...

      I'm not really certain how to go about the honey part of it...i haven't played with that yet

      i'm betting though...get the honey REALLY HOT

      and after everything is in the sachets...drizzling a little bit over.then sealing them shut would be the best bet...

      I'm still working on that one though

      I have learnt however..that when adding vanilla pods...it's best to add one pod to a thing of Quaker oats (you know..the box they come in)...and let sit for a few days/weeks/months before use..so that scent infuses the oats...that way it's evenly distruted...cause, frankly
      vanilla pods are expensive!

      and since I don't have orchids growing wild here in the Outlands...i try to be economical on those.

      Emeline l'Espicier

      Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass
      it's learning to dance in the rain.
                                            Unknown.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic