6373Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Top 20 Herbs and Spices plus Salt

  • Alyson
    Sep 4, 2007
      Some are for flavoring and some are for medicinal. I suppose that one's medicinal elements are going to vary from person to person depending upon the reason for the treatment. I'd include honey as we are NEVER without pure Organic honey, but it doesn't really fall into an herbal category:

      Basil-this is my #1 favorite herb for flavoring
      Chamomile
      Cilantro
      Mint
      Comfrey
      Echinacea
      Ginger
      Saffron-unsure about the medicinal value but I love the flavor
      Cayenne/Peppers
      Garlic-if we run out, my hubby claims this is grounds for divorce
      Onion
      St. John's Wort-I did my Senior Thesis on this so I can't exclude it
      Cinnamon-everything from toast to coffee to rolls and chewing on the sticks
      Thyme
      Rosemary
      Sage
      Nutmeg
      Yarrow
      Hops
      Raspberry Leaf
      Feverfew

          "We all straddle the abyss. If we never look down, we will never know who we are"-Oscar Wilde