5622Re: New file uploaded to SCA-Herbalist

  • Amy
    Sep 13, 2006
      This is a nice resource. As someone on the east coast, I would be
      inclined to add a few things to the list. Like queen anne's lace,
      ground ivy, rose, chicory, and purslane.

      My biggest comment, is that I think scientific names should be
      added. Common names are a funny thing, and can be confusing because
      of regional tendencies. For example, here wintergreen is called
      checkerberry. I assume we're talking about the same plant, but I'm
      not sure....

      --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      > Hello,
      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the SCA-Herbalist
      > group.
      > File : /WILD EDIBLES.doc
      > Uploaded by : woodchuck_alpha <woodchuckalpha1@...>
      > Description : Common Midwest edibles, also available in many
      other areas, including Europe and Scandinavia
      > You can access this file at the URL:
      > Regards,
      > woodchuck_alpha <woodchuckalpha1@...>
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic