4774Re: Squirrel troubles...

  • lubgort
    Aug 4, 2005
      Greetings to all.

      I know this is a little late in responding, but I have an easy and
      safe way to keep the squirrels away. Go to your garden center and
      buy a small package called "Squirrel Away". It is a very strong
      pepper that is ground up to powder form. It is used to mix with
      bird seed to keep them out of bird feeders. But, if you spray your
      plants with water, then dust your plants with the Squirrel Away, I
      think you will find this works fine. It will last as long as the
      pepper doesn't wash off the plants. I used it in my yard in a
      corner where kids were hanging out, and it lasted for better than a
      month, even with several bouts of rain. The pepper will make you
      sneeze if you inhale it. It has kept the kids away and the
      squirrels out of my bird feeder. I don't use the amounts that is
      recommended on the package. I use less and it has worked wonders
      for me. I have filled the birdfeed only twice using this and the
      squirrels stay away. I only have to use the stuff in the feeder
      when I fill up after 4-6 times. The squirrels will come back and
      check from time to time.

      Hope this helps.....

      Cairistiona

      --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, Lyn Tonnessen
      <lyntonnessen@g...> wrote:
      > Hi all. You were all so efficient in your suggestions about
      snails, I
      > thought I'd pose my problem to the group.
      >
      > I live in an apartment, so I must make do with a container garden.
      > Luckily, though, I have a patio where my container garden may
      live. My
      > problem? Gray squirrels with absolutely no fear. I live in a highly
      > suburban area (Columbia, MD), and the squirrels are savaging my
      dill
      > and chives, digging them up.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic