      From: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Jadwiga Zajaczkowa /
      Jenne Heise
      Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 8:08 AM
      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Squirrel troubles...

      > I live in an apartment, so I must make do with a container garden.
      > Luckily, though, I have a patio where my container garden may live. My
      > problem? Gray squirrels with absolutely no fear. I live in a highly
      > suburban area (Columbia, MD), and the squirrels are savaging my dill
      > and chives, digging them up. Strangely, they have left my basil, sage,
      > lavender, tarragon, and rosemary alone.

      One thing is that they appear to be attracted to areas of open dirt,
      where they think they might have buried something last year. Moving your
      plants around and covering the dirt with something (especially if you
      put some cayenne pepper on top) sometimes helps. I have the same problem
      though, and nothing completely helps.

      "All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you
      just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have
      helped you become who you are. " -- Mr. Fred Rogers