4590Annual Blackfox Awards
- May 1, 2005Unto the Populace of the East Kingdom from Lady Shannon Gallowglass,
Today is May 1, 2005 and is the beginning of another SCA year. This
means its now time to look back over the past year and recognize the
excellent work being done in newsletters at the principality, baronial
and local levels with the Annual Blackfox Awards.
Any local group or special interest newsletter (ie guilds or A&S issue
for a local group) produced in AS 39 (that's May 1, 2004-April 30,
2005) are eligible. Winners will be announced by the Society
Chronicler at the Known World Chronicler's meeting at Pennsic this year
and will be published in the Autumn issue of the TI.
The categories this year are
1) Best Over All newsletter (newsletters which best meets the needs of
the local group)
2) Best Layout and Design (the best looking newsletter for balance and
3) Best Artwork (For artwork on the cover or interior of the newsletter)
4) Best Special Issue (for A&S issues or other limited focus newsletters
of a geographic group)
5) Best Special Interest (for guild newsletters, research newsletter, etc)
6) Best Regular Feature (for original cartoons, articles, columns, etc
that appear regularly)
7) Best Article (to recognize excellence in articles appearing in a
8) Best Poetry or Short Fiction ( to recognize excellence in poetry or
short fiction appearing in a local newsletter)
9) Honorable mention
For those groups who have been sending the newsletters to the
Chronicler's office each month, thank you. These will now be looked at
and considered for the Blackfox Awards.
URGENT: Now, I need *your* help. Because the office of Chronicler
changed hands in January, there may be some newsletters from April 30,
2004 to December 30, 2004 that I have not gotten or seen. So I ask all
East Kingdom Chroniclers to send The East Kingdom Chroniclers Office
packet containing their newsletter from this period. This way we can be
sure that everyone is given a fair chance at being recognized for their
work and efforts.
Please send the packets c/o Local Newsletter Deputy: Baroness
Scheherazade Al-Zahira (Scheherazade Jackson) 3900 Ford Road, Apt. 5G,
Philadelphia, PA 19131. Deadline for consideration is: *June 1, 2005*.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write me at
chronicler@... or call me at 610-277-3996 (before 10pm please).
Please pass this along to any or all interested parties.
Thank you .
Lady Shannon Gallowglass
East Kingdom Chronicler