3861Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Lurker's week

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    May 7, 2004
      > Do you know where I could buy a copy of Bancke's Herbal?

      Unfortunately, it's not in print. I believe one of the herbal guilds was
      selling either Banckes' or Turner's herbal in transliteration.

      Banckes' herb is usually listed as _An Herbal <1525>_. You probably will
      be able to get it through Interlibrary Loan:

      An Herbal <1525> edited & transcribed into modern English,
      Author(s): Larkey, Sanford V.; 1898- ; (Sanford Vincent),; ed.
      Publication: New York, N.Y., Scholars' facsimiles & reprints,
      Year: 1941

      "Sometimes you have to do something unforgivable, just to be able to go
      on living." --Christopher Hampton, "The Talking Cure"
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic