3859Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Lurker's week

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    May 7, 2004
      > I currently live in Grand Rapids, MI. And just took my pomander to
      > regionals (rcvd a low 2 - but a 2). Currently revamping my doc's for
      > kingdom - anyone know where are what period books I should be looking for
      > that has period herbs and their descriptions? I was quoting cullpepper, yet
      > many informed me that that is post-period.

      Banckes' Herbal is one place to look.
      Gerard's Herbal is one that many libraries have, though it's from a
      postperiod edition.
      Hildegarde of Bingen's book is a start.
      Platina's _Right Pleasure and Good Health_ is available in paperback and
      gives information about various herbs.

      "Sometimes you have to do something unforgivable, just to be able to go
      on living." --Christopher Hampton, "The Talking Cure"
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic