3825Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Lurker's week

  • Rhonda
    May 3, 2004

      I, too confess that i am a lurker. I have  learned quite a few things by lurking, and still have many to learn. I would love to go to school officially and become a Certified, licensed Herbologist, but for now do most of my studying freelance. I made the bruise balm with a friend, (Beth!) from the recipe posted online recently, with a couple minor changes. First, we forgot the rosemary, and 2nd, we added arnica, known for its healing properties. I then had a chance to test it on myself. Wed night i acquired a nasty bruise complete with big purple welts you could see the shape of the item that gave the bruise. I immediately applied the balm, and in 12 hours the welts were gone and the bruise had spread out into a generic pattern, already starting to turn black.Today, Monday, ithas faded to the blackish purple/yellow stage, and I believe it has been shrinking as well. I am certain that by this Wed it will be gone. Great stuff! Use 2-3 times a day!
       Roma