3547Re: [SCA-Herbalist] period handwashing table

  • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
    Jan 5, 2004
      I'm glad to hear it went so well! I'm trying to get this adopted at more
      feasts in my local area, too.

      > Greetings!
      >
      > Gave this a go at our local 12th night get together last night.
      >
      > Unfortunately, my camera batteries were dead or I'd have pictures to share.
      >
      > For being a last minute idea, it went amazingly well. We had 4 scented waters: lavender/rosemary, clove/saffron, rose geranium/lemon verbena and something else that smelled heavenly. We set up 4 picthers, a bowl in front of each and infront of the bowls were small towels.
      >
      > There were about 30 people there and everyone lined up to give it a try. Oh! we had a tray over to the side for guests to deposit their damp towels. Everyone smelled wonderful afterwards!
      >
      > It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your research Jadwiga!
      >
      > Eleyn Scrivener
      > eleyn@...
      > http://www.thesinisterscribe.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists certainly as love and
      generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to
      your life its highest beauty and joy." -- Francis P. Church
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic