31Re: EK Herb Guild Meetings or classes...

  • Jenne Heise
    Jan 24, 2000
      On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Betty Braaksma wrote:
      > Yes, please do post for others! I'm just starting to get into medieval
      > herbalism in a serious way and would appreciate any info you could post or
      > point to.

      I've got some links to resources on my page:

      A few class handouts that may or may not be useful to other herbalists:

      'A Selection of Herbs used in Medieval Times' (the handout from a
      scratch-n-sniff herb display at a demo-- it's very basic):

      'Spices from the East' (a handlist of spices that were associated with the
      Eastern spice trade and/or crusades, with cookery, scent and medicinal

      'Scents of the Middle Ages' (a short handout on medical and cosmetic uses
      of scented flowers, herbs and spices in the Middle Ages-- due to be
      updated and expanded in the next few weeks)

      'Jadwiga's Stillroom Booke' (a large handout on various aspects of
      herbalism and information on a few specific herbs. It was the handout for
      the first-- and most ambitious-- herb class I ever taught; and the class
      was a complete failure!)

      disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

      "You do not lead by hitting people over the head -- that's assault,
      not leadership." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic