2510Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Herbal class help wanted

  • Suhayma@cox.net
    Dec 16, 2002
      Greetings all. This request might be a bit OOP but I would like some
      suggestions from this group if possible.

      A friend has become the administrator of a small facility that has
      various colonial buildings including a farm house and (important
      here) an herbal garden. She has offered me the opportunity to do a
      series of classes based on the herbal garden during the tourist
      season. I don't know any details about the place but intend to visit
      some time this winter. She has said they will plant anything I want
      as well. Each class is to be two hours and the participants should be
      able to go away with something they made. She wants me to teach all
      of them as that's easier on their paperwork. I'm jumping at this
      chance as a way of adding to my income but also to learn and do more
      with herbals. I'm hopping to come up with a group of proposals to
      take to her so planning can be made easily. A few suggestions from
      her are soap making, vinegars, poupouries or scented pillows maybe,
      and this one I found on the internet while searching for something
      else:

      *Tea Party- Wed. Dec.4, 7-9pm - Select, blend and brew your own
      special tea formula from an assortment of teas, herbs and spices.
      Enjoy a tasting with goodies provided. A festive event and a great
      gift idea.

      Any other ideas? classes you may want to take? or an expansion on
      these? I especially don't know anything about soap making but the
      opportunity is just to good to let it slip.

      Thanks all, I appreciate all this.

      Rhianwen