Re: Spanish Surcoat question

  • Erika
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
      Although Margo's site has the most detailed information about the
      pattern, while it is down you can look for some resellers of her
      patterns. I found it here: http://www.sewingcentral.com/cgi-
      bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=ma005.html&cart_id=9618_4419

      I've made up this pattern myself, and it goes together very easily.
      The most complex part is the upper sleeves of the gown, so if you
      swap those out for the wings, it should be very easy. The kirtle
      definitely has a different shape than an earlier cotehardie. I don't
      have a picture of just the kirtle, but this is the complete gown and
      kirtle from the pattern: http://www.cardinal-
      creations.com/images/tzvia-2006.jpg

      Philippa
      (Erika)

      --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, "kay" <kgarfield@...> wrote:

      > says i can't open the site. it says i am not authorized. is there
      antohre wany?

    • Kimiko Small
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
        Try again. Margo posted that the website is back up, and I can access
        it as well.

        Joane

        At 08:16 PM 3/1/2007, you wrote:
        >says i can't open the site. it says i am not authorized. is there
        >antohre wany?

      • Mary Taran
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
          What browser are you using? Firefox opens it just fine.

          Mary Taran

          At 07:42 AM 3/2/2007, you wrote:

          >That's strange I could not get to her site either and I used the link in my
          >favorites.
          >
          >I just shot an email to her egroup letting her know that it down. She may
          >be having work done on it (I hope).
          >
          >Juliana verch Hoell of Mooselodge
          >Man-at-Arms to Sir Forgal Kerstetter of Trimaris
          >Shire of Phoenix Glade
          >Kingdom of Meridies
          >
          >says i can't open the site. it says i am not authorized. is there antohre
          >wany?

        • otsisto
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
            You can also get the surcoat pattern at Reconstructing history.
            with kirtle
            http://tinyurl.com/yqykyn

            Elizabethan/Jacobean, just the loose gown
            http://tinyurl.com/2akh9e

            Both RH and Margo's patterns are good to work with. Margo's seems to have a
            little more detail with instruction.

          • kay
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
              thanks i got in. kay
              says i can't open the site. it says i am not authorized. is there antohre wany?
              If you get Margo's Comfort Pattern (it's the surcoat/gown & kirtle),
              <<<MODERATOR TRIMMED>>>
              http://www.margospatterns.com/comfort.htm
              I hope the link works, right now I am not getting in, but that may be
              on my end.

              Joane

              MODERATOR NOTE: PLEASE TRIM YOUR POSTS! INCLUDE THE PERTINENT POINTS TO WHICH YOU ARE RESPONDING AS A PHRASE OR A SENTENCE, AND TRIM AWAY THE REST. THANK YOU.

            • Kimiko Small
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4, 2007
                At 06:19 AM 3/2/2007, you wrote:
                >I don't
                >have a picture of just the kirtle, but this is the complete gown and
                >kirtle from the pattern: http://www.cardinal-
                >creations.com/images/tzvia-2006.jpg
                >
                >Philippa
                >(Erika)

                That is really lovely. I love the gown fabric, and your bright smile!

                Joane
              • Dianne & Greg Stucki
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4, 2007
                  At 06:48 PM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
                  > don't
                  > >have a picture of just the kirtle, but this is the complete gown and
                  > >kirtle from the pattern: <http://www.cardinal->http://www.cardinal-
                  > >creations.com/images/tzvia-2006.jpg
                  > >
                  > >Philippa
                  > >(Erika)

                  Oh, very pretty indeed!

                  Laurensa

                • Oonagh ONeill
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 4, 2007
                    That is very pretty. I love the fabric you choose, and the colour is
                    wonderful.

                    cheers

                    Deb
                    (Oonagh)
                    [Pagar le Pompe]

                    Oonaghs Own - Venetian Patrician Womens Dress [from the skin out] and
                    Accessories of the mid to late sixteenth century
                    http://www.geocities.com/oonaghsown