Tiny url

  • otsisto
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
      Someone on this list once gave me this url.

      http://tinyurl.com/

      Now I give it to you. Please add it to you favorite links.

      When you have a long url. copy it, go to this site, follow instructions,
      copy the smaller url and send that url with your post, Please :)

      Thank you,
    • otsisto
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        http://tinyurl.com/pehmy

        1275114-1128998-1391990-1392667-1392669,enEN.html

        --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, sparklingeyes1974@... wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I was wondering which site you found a pattern for the underdress and
        overdress ?

        > Thanks,
        > Lady Elizabeth
        > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      • m d b
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
          > Someone on this list once gave me this url.
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/
          >
          > Now I give it to you. Please add it to you favorite links.
          >
          > When you have a long url. copy it, go to this site, follow
          instructions,
          > copy the smaller url and send that url with your post, Please :)

          But don't rely on just that! Those links eventually "die" and if
          there isn't any information on what it originally linked to then when
          people look in the archives they will not know what is being
          discussed.

          For example. I recently posted links of tapestries from the Reunion
          des Musees Nationaux site which were extremely long. Luckily it was
          in a form where I could use html to create short text links.
          I would other wise have done a tinyurl and the following information:
          http://www.photo.rmn.fr/cf/htm/Search_New.aspx
          And how to find them (16e siècle for Période and tapisserie in the
          first box on the right.)

          That way in the future people can still find the information once the
          url generated by tinyurl no longer works.

          Willemyne/Michaela
          http://glittersweet.com