Re: [SCA-Garb] Need some help!!!

  • Myk Dowling
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
      Melissa wrote:
      > My boyfriend has not yet figured out his persona yet but he has made
      > mention that he likes the style of clothing worn by Viktor Krum from
      > Goblet of Fire ( Harry Potter)
      >
      > this style:
      > http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i173/reddragonflys2001/Viktor%20Krum/gof_props09.jpg
      >
      > http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i173/reddragonflys2001/Viktor%20Krum/gof_props04.jpg
      >
      > Can you please tell me if this is even period. And if it is period where
      > would it be from and what era and what style...ie viking, russian.....

      Looks to be heavily based on 19th century military designs. Not period
      for SCA at all.

      Read some suggestions from the "Viking, Norse, Irish and Celtic garb"
      thread. Lots of good information popping up there.
      --
      He who has not first laid his foundations may be able with great
      ability to lay them afterwards, but they will be laid with trouble