leather

  • Liana Winsauer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
      "Lente" <lente@...> said:

      >If you don't get the metal rings or plastic rings from Elizabeth Lee or one
      >of the others in the above link, when I made my sling with the metal rings
      >from elizabeth lee they looked to me like they might be welded 3" rings
      that
      >are used in horse harnesses; Leather Factory would carry them I believe.

      Yep, Tandy/Leather Factory has a pretty good assortment of rigging
      rings and dees:
      http://www.leatherfactory.com/products.asp?DEPT=229&Page=2

      (www.leatherfactory.com then to the left-side menu for
      hardware -> Rings and Dees if the link above link is no good)

      If you want something fancy, look for the "Al Stohlman Brand"
      (ASB) hardware - stainless steel with some engraving.

      There are also nylon or other plastic rings available for tack/
      harness applications if people don't like plastic.

      I'm thinking I've seen welded rings at my local Ace Hardware
      store, too.

      Liana Winsauer
      otterwinsauer@...