Re: Double helix - bias yardage

  • unclrashid
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
      The only SCaysage I can think of for this is the plaid Spanish
      particolored cote/tunic. (though it is remotely possible that bliats
      and some cottes could have been cut on the bias, I tend to lean in the
      other direction)

      If you have 60" wide fabric, no need to convert it to bias yardage
      first. For 45" or smaller, it can save fabric if you just convert you
      favbric to bias yardage. You would have to match the stripes on the
      plaids, however.

      If I was makeing the particolored cote, I would cut both halve on the
      bias because if not they would stretch differently after a period of time.

      Rashid