Attaching decorations to garb

  • Leo M. Lalande
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      Greetings all,

      I've finally gotten a costume together for a jousting tournament this
      weekend and have but a few details to finish.

      I've got a wonderful plume I want to attach to my cap, and although I
      can think of several ways I could attach it, I'd like to get some
      thoughts, opinions, and advice on the how best to do so.

      I'd also be very grateful if I could get advice on embellishments to
      disguise or cover the quill end of the feather so that it looks more
      attractive after being attached to the cap.

      Grateful for any advice.

      Peace,

      Leo M. Lalande
    • Lila Richards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Leo M. Lalande wrote:

        >I've got a wonderful plume I want to attach to my cap, and although I
        >can think of several ways I could attach it, I'd like to get some
        >thoughts, opinions, and advice on the how best to do so.
        >
        >I'd also be very grateful if I could get advice on embellishments to
        >disguise or cover the quill end of the feather so that it looks more
        >attractive after being attached to the cap.

        How about a nice brooch? And see if you can find some pictures from the
        time you're emulating to see how they attached feathers. My guess would
        be a pin or brooch of some kind.

        Sinech.