RE: [SCA-Garb] How about this fabric print?

  • otsisto
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      Since you have helped me so much. What do you think about this
      fabric...

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&item=8196075487&fromMakeTrack=true

      *I'm not sure. This looks more French Marie Antonette period then
      Renaissance England. Anyone else?
      Note that the fabric design is upside-down. This is known by the fleur de
      lys' point is facing down.

      <They are both a great print, but have stripes in them. I am not sure
      of the authenticity of stripes.
      Thanks!
      Gina>

      You can find stripes within SCA period.
      http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Fasolo.JPG

      http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Vecellio24.jpg

      http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Veronese1560.jpg
      Just a few examples that I have easy access to. there are examples of
      striped material in some portraits from other countries but I would have to
      do a search for those. Someone has a site that documents strips and I think
      plaids but I don't have the url.

      Lyse