mixing fabrics in a chemise

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 12:29 PM
      Hi,

      Got a question, I am making a couple of chemises for my daughter out of white eyelet fabrics (got to love remnants, especially since eyelet is so expensive) and I was wondering if design wise it will look weird to have the gussets in a plain white fabric.

      Basically I'm doing chemises like the italian one in Burnham's "Cut My Cote" on page 13, same one as on Kass's site http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/chemise.html
      just sized to her.

      thanks,
      Kathws

    • Kass McGann
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 12:44 PM
        --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, "Lente" <lente@c...> wrote:

        > Got a question, I am making a couple of chemises for my daughter out of white
        eyelet fabrics (got to love remnants, especially since eyelet is so expensive) and I
        was wondering if design wise it will look weird to have the gussets in a plain white
        fabric.

        They'll be under her arms, Kathws, so no one's going to see them anyway.

        Kass