Re: What do you think of this book?

  • janeravenswood
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2004
      I'd also add my two cents on this. I think a general condemnation of
      *all* Victorian-era medieval costume books is somewhat uncalled for.
      First, we still can't agree on what we're seeing in some sources and
      we have had an extra 100 years of research. Second, they had more
      access to other originals than we do. Much got destroyed during the
      2 world wars plus many other wars. Even if we can't find an exact
      match to a Victorian-era drawing now, that doesn't mean it didn't
      exist. However, that being said, check out your research as much as
      you can, don't always believe supposed experts and trust yourself.
      And remember, we are as human as the folks from the Middle Ages and
      Renaissance.

      Darka