collar construction

  • Lynn Meyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
      I'd like advice on how to construct -- especially stiffen --
      a kind of collar that shows up on Spanish houpelandes.
      There's a (small) picture of it at
      http://www.halimal.com/WWW/clothing/cuello.html
      along with some more details.

      I hope someone can help!

      Thanks!
      Halima
      SCA: Halima de la Lucha, Crosston, Mists, West
      (Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area), CA, USA)
      http://www.halimal.com
    • Aspasia Moonwind
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2003

        >I'd like advice on how to construct -- especially stiffen --
        >a kind of collar that shows up on Spanish houpelandes.
        >There's a (small) picture of it at
        >http://www.halimal.com/WWW/clothing/cuello.html
        >along with some more details.

        I line with a heavy cotton canvas. Of course, it would also need the same
        material to attach to at the neck so it wouldn't fall down. Buckram is
        another possiblity.
        *(*Aspasia

        Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year � six months
        @$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
      • renaissancegown@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2003
          Hi there;

          You could try interlining with buckram as well as a stiffer interfacing, and if all else fails try short peices of boning in a few places.