RE: [SCA-Garb] Hair Dyes (was Re: Digest Number 3506)

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      I can't believe the whole art of hair dying was lost
      along with plumbing, not when I seem to remember coming across a church
      edict from the 1300's (or there about) talking about the evils of vanity in
      women pursuing flaxen locks (or something to that effect).

      The Church discouraged bathing, something as vain as dying would have been
      the kiss of death.

      Soffya
      three fleur-de-lys Or