Re: [SCA-Garb] New to group

  • wolfcat
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2000
      Dark Phoenix--I'm up in Tacoma, so we're the same Kingdom--you just missed
      Ragnarok down near you-but I'll scrounge for some other contacts..

      meanwhile, check the unofficial info scroll for the kingdom to find out some
      of the other events local to you. ((www.antir.sca.org)

      And I'd be interested in looking at some of the beledi things you
      have--shall we talk off-list?

      wolfcat
    • Svanhildr
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2000
        Nonono! Please to post here :D

        Svanny <going back to lurkdom>

        At 08:07 PM 10/01/2000 , you wrote:

        >Dark Phoenix--I'm up in Tacoma, so we're the same Kingdom--you just missed
        >Ragnarok down near you-but I'll scrounge for some other contacts..
        <snip>
        >And I'd be interested in looking at some of the beledi things you
        >have--shall we talk off-list?
        >
        >wolfcat
      • Dark Phoenix
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2000
          sure..wolfcat...i am not sure how so just e-mail me...i have a cpuple things
          maybe you would want...

          dark phoenix

          >From: "wolfcat" <wolfcat@...>
          >To: <SCA-Garb@egroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [SCA-Garb] New to group
          >Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 20:07:30 -0700
          >

          >Dark Phoenix--I'm up in Tacoma, so we're the same Kingdom--you just missed
          >Ragnarok down near you-but I'll scrounge for some other contacts..
          >
          >meanwhile, check the unofficial info scroll for the kingdom to find out
          >some
          >of the other events local to you. ((www.antir.sca.org)
          >
          >And I'd be interested in looking at some of the beledi things you
          >have--shall we talk off-list?
          >
          >wolfcat

          http://profiles.msn.com
        • Gretchen~ Hulett Hall Academy
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 24, 2005
            I am new to the group. I am needing help on finding ideas for 1200
            England. I am looking for garb for myself and my 3 children (dd15, ds
            7 and dd5). Any help would be great.

            Margrite (children Alusch, Mathias and Ursula)
            AKA Gretchen in Wyoming (Allie, Nathan and Olivia)
          • otsisto
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 24, 2005
              I am just curious, Why specifically 1200's England?
              I believe that England is under Norman control during this time period.
              Though the lower class may be clothed in Anglo-Saxon garment styles.

              I am new to the group. I am needing help on finding ideas for 1200
              England. I am looking for garb for myself and my 3 children (dd15, ds
              7 and dd5). Any help would be great.

              Margrite (children Alusch, Mathias and Ursula)
              AKA Gretchen in Wyoming (Allie, Nathan and Olivia)
            • Steven & Gretchen Hulett
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 24, 2005
                We read a book called "If you lived in the days of Knights" and it was about
                life in England in the year 1250. My son really liked the clothing and I
                loved the simplicity of the clothing especially for the lower class people.

                I am just curious, Why specifically 1200's England?
                I believe that England is under Norman control during this time period.
                Though the lower class may be clothed in Anglo-Saxon garment styles.

                I am new to the group. I am needing help on finding ideas for 1200
                England. I am looking for garb for myself and my 3 children (dd15, ds
                7 and dd5). Any help would be great.

                Margrite (children Alusch, Mathias and Ursula)
                AKA Gretchen in Wyoming (Allie, Nathan and Olivia)

                Helpful email addresses:
                Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                Main group web page:

                Service.

              • BLCRT
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 18, 2008
                  My boys and I are going to try out for the ren faire and we would like
                  to do so in coustume. the audition is on 15 july and I will need to
                  beable to make or buy costumes for a skinny 8y/o, a 6 y/o a 4y/o and my
                  baby will be one year on our audition.

                  that you for your help

                  oh, i do nurse him so if there are costume that have nusing slits that
                  would be great.

                  Belinda
                • Joan Silvertoppe
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 24, 2008
                    Hi Belinda,

                    I don't have any suggestions on the kids, as I don't know of anyone
                    who has kids patterns for faires (tho' maybe Alteryears?) But for a
                    nursing costume, Margo Anderson's pattern line has a loose kirtle and
                    loose gown with instructions on how to use it for pregnancy, and for
                    discreet nursing, with slits on the kirtle. It makes up pretty
                    quickly, too.
                    http://www.margospatterns.com/comfort.htm

                    Joan

                    On Jun 18, 2008, at 10:04 PM, BLCRT wrote:

                    > oh, i do nurse him so if there are costume that have nusing slits that
                    > would be great.
                    >
                    > Belinda

                  • Sami
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
                      http://sandradodd.com/duckford/children

                      Perhaps that will be of some use to you. This woman is BRILLIANT!!

                      ~Aimara Baratzuri
                      (MUNDANELY known as Sami Buxton)

                      --
                      ~Sami