Re: [SCA-Garb] Re: Elizabethan/Princess

  • Dianne and Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
      Perk...

      Purple trim? Hmmm...

      Dianne

      surfing on over to fabricdragon!
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kirsten Houseknecht
      To: SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 7:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Garb] Re: Elizabethan/Princess

      you know. i have some truly lovely purple trim.....
      <sigh>
      my first Elizabethan is going to be either green and gold. or blue....
      depends...
      Kirsten
      kirsten@...
      http://www.fabricdragon.com

      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
        Oh, Kirsten, I have no clue. It was at a garb workshop, and she just brought out piles of stuff to go through and play with and take. I also got some black fabric (no idea on fiber content, or even amount), and she gabe my son David a lovely hunter green tunic with gold trim. He looks GREAT in it.

        Dianne
        From: "Dianne and Greg Stucki"

        > Even better--it's two shades of purple--actually, purple and
        lavender--which, if not linen, damn sure look like it. And it was GIVEN to
        me by a shire mate.

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
          Yes, I promise there will be pics.

          Laurensa
          And there will be pictures, yes? I'm sure your fellow magpies at least
          would love to see, and there's plenty of room in our files.

          Blossom

          > Even better--it's two shades of purple--actually, purple and
          lavender--which, if not linen, damn sure look like it. And it was GIVEN to
          me by a shire mate.

          > heh heh heh
          >
          > Laurensa the lucky

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Helpful email addresses:
          Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Shortcut URL to the main group web page:

        • janeravenswood
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
            well, I still have that red/black/gold patterned stuff that I bought
            on ebay. I've been wanting a doublet style gown for forever.
            maybe we can have our own "Iron Dress" here in central PA, eh?. I
            can't afford Margo's patterns now or I would have joined the Iron
            Dress competition on the margospatterns yahoo group. But I do have
            an doublet pattern from the Style pattern company, that should work
            just fine.

            Just what I need, something else to work on.... plus herding cats
            getting ready for the shire's first event after a very long
            dormancy.

            Darka

            --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Dianne and Greg Stucki" <goofy1@s...> wrote:
            > I will if you will...
            >
            > Laurensa
            >
            > busy planning mine. It shall be purple.

            Elizabethan
            > now more than ever.....
            >
            > Darka
            >
            > --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Jennifer Hill" <welshladygwen@c...> wrote:
            > > What a lovely lady & her gown! YUM Did you see her caul? I'd
            > like a close
            > > up of that! Gwen

            Service.

          • Dianne and Greg Stucki
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
              Works for me! I love Margo's patterns too, and I'm sure they're worth every penny, but I just can't justify $75.00 for patterns right now.

              Let me know when you are ready to start---and when the event is. I'll try and get there.

              Laurensa