Venus' Seamstress Update

  • Bella
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2002
      Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done! Venus' Seamstress
      site has had several pages added/updated, to include a look at three extant
      Italian camicias; my camicia gallery has been moved here from the other
      site; and I've also written my own sewing instructions for the "cut my
      cote" camicia, which is one of the extant ones I looked at. Thanks to all
      who helped me with scans. If you find any mistakes or have any problems,
      please let me know. :)

      <http://members.tripod.com/realm_of_venus/venusseamstress/>

      Bella

    • Amanda Bowen
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
        >Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done!

        Arg! Stop reminding me that I need to get working on my own page :( I *am*
        quite a lazy little bugger, you know.

        Galiana

      • Amanda Bowen
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
          >Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done!

          ps - I love it, Bella! Really great site :)

        • Apollonia Margherita
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
            Bella,

            The new site is fantastic!

            Apollonia
          • karenaallen
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
              Thanks very much for putting up both of your wonderful sites. They
              are a great resource to a specialized time period, and are beautiful
              in and of themselves. I'm looking forward to putting some of your
              instructions in practice!

              Baroness Angelina Nicollette de Beaumont. OL
              Caid
            • Cathi
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                Oh very nice!!! I really must find the time to try and make one of these.
                Thank you Bella!

                Catherine of Dubh Ard, Lionsdale, An Tir
                (Cathi in Chilliwack BC
                ICQ# 4227964)

                "Librarians are the secret masters of the universe. They control all the
                information. Don't piss them off!" - Spider Robinson

                > Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done! Venus' Seamstress
                > site has had several pages added/updated, to include a look at three
                extant
                > Italian camicias; my camicia gallery has been moved here from the other
                > site; and I've also written my own sewing instructions for the "cut my
                > cote" camicia, which is one of the extant ones I looked at. Thanks to all
                > who helped me with scans. If you find any mistakes or have any problems,
                > please let me know. :)
                >
                > <http://members.tripod.com/realm_of_venus/venusseamstress/>
                >
                > Bella
              • Carolle M Cox
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                  Bella, you've outdone yourself! What a wonderful resource!

                  Gerita

                  > Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done! Venus' Seamstress
                  > site has had several pages added/updated, to include a look at three
                  extant
                  > Italian camicias; my camicia gallery has been moved here from the other
                  > site; and I've also written my own sewing instructions for the "cut my
                  > cote" camicia, which is one of the extant ones I looked at. Thanks to all
                  > who helped me with scans. If you find any mistakes or have any problems,
                  > please let me know. :)
                  >
                  > <http://members.tripod.com/realm_of_venus/venusseamstress/>
                  >
                  > Bella

                  > Helpful email addresses:
                  > Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > Shortcut URL to the main group web page:

                • bella_lucia_da_verona
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                    --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Amanda Bowen" <reason_prevails@h...> wrote:
                    > >Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done!
                    >
                    > Arg! Stop reminding me that I need to get working on my own page :(
                    I *am*
                    > quite a lazy little bugger, you know.

                    LOL...I've just had this awful head cold that developed into a chest
                    cold with a cough that won't go away! So I've had little inclination
                    in the last week to much besides sitting at the comp. :)

                    Bella
                  • bella_lucia_da_verona
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                      --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Amanda Bowen" <reason_prevails@h...> wrote:
                      > >Whew! Forgive me the self-plug but....it's finally done!
                      >
                      > ps - I love it, Bella! Really great site :)

                      Thanks. :) It was originally all supposed to be on the one site, but
                      I didn't realise just how much space those pretty pictures take up! :)

                      Bella
                    • bella_lucia_da_verona
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                        --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Apollonia Margherita" <apollonia@b...> wrote:
                        > Bella,
                        >
                        > The new site is fantastic!
                        >
                        > Apollonia

                        Thank you. :) I still have a lot of work to do to get more
                        information up, but it'll get there eventually. :)
                      • bella_lucia_da_verona
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                          --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "karenaallen" <ngelina@a...> wrote:
                          > Thanks very much for putting up both of your wonderful sites. They
                          > are a great resource to a specialized time period, and are
                          beautiful
                          > in and of themselves. I'm looking forward to putting some of your
                          > instructions in practice!
                          > Baroness Angelina Nicollette de Beaumont. OL
                          > Caid

                          Thank you so much - it means a lot to me that people find it visually
                          appealing, as well as informative. :)

                          Bella
                        • bella_lucia_da_verona
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                            --- In SCA-Garb@y..., Cathi <vixen1@s...> wrote:
                            > Oh very nice!!!

                            Thanks Cathi. :)

                            > I really must find the time to try and make one of these.

                            If you use something like Frontpage it really is relatively easy and
                            doesn't take a whole lot of time. I'd love to see it if you do get
                            around to making one. :)

                            Bella
                          • bella_lucia_da_verona
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                              --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Carolle M Cox" <hpockets@g...> wrote:
                              > Bella, you've outdone yourself! What a wonderful resource!

                              Thankee kindly Gerita. :) I might take a breather from web site
                              updating now to do a bit of sewing. :)
                            • Veronica Van Hoose
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                                Bella,

                                I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to you. I enjoy your website,
                                and find it well made, knowledgeable, and user-friendly.
                                You have always been among the first to awnser questions, and even when you
                                couldn't enlighten, you never fail to uplift.

                                There are numerous persons on this list that the same can be said about, and
                                I just wanted to express my appreciation for all of you and
                                thank you all for the invaulable shared knowledge.

                                L Isabeau
                              • Bella
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
                                  At 12:33 2/07/02, you wrote:

                                  >Bella,
                                  >
                                  >I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to you. I enjoy your website,
                                  >and find it well made, knowledgeable, and user-friendly.
                                  >You have always been among the first to awnser questions, and even when you
                                  >couldn't enlighten, you never fail to uplift.<snip>

                                  My humble thanks, my lady. This list and my websites are a labour of love
                                  for me, so I do my best. :)

                                  Bella