Re: [SCA-Garb] Of Michigan? (WAS: Re: California)

  • Sarah Grochoski
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2002
      And you can also call most of the people from Michigan "trolls"...

      Medb, ducking and running back to the U.P.

      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2002
        Personally when informed by the jolly, driving a rusty Chevy northerner I am a "Troll" I like too remind them how much I adore that term , by taking my money home with me. If it wasn't for my husband I would never go farther then Manistee.
        Kathleen
        And you can also call most of the people from Michigan "trolls"...

        Medb, ducking and running back to the U.P.

        > > I'm perfectly happy being a Michiganian (NOT Michigander--a
        > gander is a goose!) transplanted to Pennsylvania...
        >
        > And growing up on Lawn Guy Lind (Long Island), we used to call people
        > from Michigan "meshuggene"(sp) <g, d, rlh>
        >

        > Brenda
        > webwarren@...
        >

        > Helpful email addresses:
        > Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to the main group web page:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Helpful email addresses:
        Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Shortcut URL to the main group web page:

      • Mor ingen Cathail
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2002
          I thought trolls were a Good Thing (tm) they do TONS at events... :-D

          Mór

          | Personally when informed by the jolly, driving a rusty Chevy
          northerner I am a "Troll" I like too remind them how much I adore that
          term , by taking my money home with me. If it wasn't for my husband I
          would never go farther then Manistee.
          | Kathleen

        • sisteroffortune
          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2002
            --- In SCA-Garb@y..., "Mor ingen Cathail" <morcathail@h...> wrote:
            > I thought trolls were a Good Thing (tm) they do TONS at events... :-
            >
            > Mór

            No they live under bridges and eat children. I know Most people see
            it as a term of endearment but I had too put up with my ex father -
            in - law saying this is Kathleen Our Troll from Grand Rapids.

            K.
          • Vicki Backman
            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2002
              Hi all! I am also a Michiganian but, i am also a Yooper. I know those of you that live here in MI know what i am talking about... do the rest of you?

              Vicki

              CHECK OUT "FREE TO FLY TONIGHT!" ~ My Homepage!
              http://www.geocities.com/vickibackman

              My darling girl, when are you going to understand that "normal" isn't a virtue?
              It rather denotes a lack of courage. - Practical Magic

            • Dianne and Greg Stucki
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2002
                Yes, because the smart ones live under the bridge!

                Alisone

              • LadyAngustias@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2002
                  In a message dated 5/1/2002 8:21:12 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
                  backman@... writes:

                  > Hi all! I am also a Michiganian but, i am also a Yooper. I know those of
                  > you that live here in MI know what i am talking about... do the rest of
                  > you?
                  >

                  > Vicki

                  I do-I do. . waving hand wildly. Course it helps that I was born and raised
                  in Michigan and that almost all of my family still resedes there. As well as
                  the fact that most of them are Yoopers.

                  Angustias
                  A current Oerthan and loving it

                • Mayra Figueras
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2002
                    > I think EVERYONE wants to be a Californian. Of
                    > course, I was "born" in
                    > Norway !
                    >
                    > Long live Caid!
                    > Lady Katrin Brjansdottir

                    Where in Caid? I am in the Shire of Heatherwyne!

                    =====
                    Madalena
                    (mka Mayra Hidalgo-Figueras)
                    Kingdom of Caid, Shire of Heatherwyne